Nothing really interesting to report. No kitty pictures. But we're making progress!
Our apartment is bare of furniture, and we're packing up the last load or two of stuff to give away. We have a mountain of trash to haul to the compactor. The cleaning-of-the-apartment adventure is underway. Utilities and all that are taken care of, for both apartments. You know, the usual moving stuff.
We'd bought a soft cat sack similar to this one for the kitties several months ago, and--as far as we know--neither of them has ever so much as touched it. So, intending to throw it away, I slipped my hand into it and picked it up off the floor. And felt something wet inside. Someone had peed in it relatively recently.
A few days ago, someone had peed on the bath mat right in front of one of the litter boxes.
I'm starting to see a trend.
We've switched the cats over to Yesterday's News, which is a pellet litter made of, obviously, recycled newspaper. I love it. Augustine uses it just fine. Sophie, I think, is resentful.
I'd tried to introduce her to it gently, pouring a little bit into her clay litter every day, easing her onto it like it's a new type of food. No dice. Or maybe I just didn't give her long enough to adjust? For the last few days both cats have been locked in Augustine's room--where the only litter box is Yesterday's News--due to fire inspections and maintenance guys coming into our apartment while we were at work. Sophie probably used the cat sack then.
I really want to use Yesterday's News during the car ride, because it's cleaner, easier to manage, and smells better than clay litter. Looks like we'll have to use clay litter, and keep trying to adjust Sophie to the new stuff. Fingers crossed that it works.
In other news, I've recently become aware of how often I say "yer" instead of "your" and "you're." Texan much?
No comments:
Post a Comment