Andrew's
(Andrew's nook as seen from my wicker chair.)
(And as seen from the doorway between the living room and the bedroom. Also, this is Andrew's last week of classes! Hurray! Finally!)
As well as Andrew's desk and chair, we also received another bookshelf, which I immediately put to use:
Now that my books are in the living room, I can use that open shelving space in the bedroom to store more clothes! Which is going to be perfect when it starts getting cooler and I need my sweaters and scarves and things.
Our wireless internet stuff is now craftily hidden behind the framed picture on the bookshelf. No, those are not tentacles hanging from the doorknob, those are old shoe laces that have been repurposed for Augustine's batting pleasure. (Even Sophie made a few attempts at hitting them! Failed, though.)
Also, our new futon is set up! How exciting to see a new bed that looks exactly like the old bed, huh? Still, here you go:
In other news, Augustine has realized that my wicker chair is extraordinarily comfy. I now have to pry him out of it whenever I want to sit down.
Do you know, I haven't had to take allergy medicine since we moved up here? None.
However, we've traded my allergies for really outrageous humidity. I'd thrown some thin cotton shorts over a chair last night, and when I picked them up to put them away this morning, they were damp. They weren't damp when I'd put them there. That's how humid it is. Yuck.
A long-time friend of mine, Kaly, whom I've visited once or twice during Christmas trips to Albuquerque, is in Providence right now--in fact, the friend she's staying with lives about three or four blocks down the street from me. Small world! We're going to meet at the Starbucks tomorrow morning and spend a couple of hours catching up. Looking forward to it. =)





It looks wonderful lovey, I bet you are glad to see it coming together. I am also glad to hear that you have a freindly face in a new place (clique?)
ReplyDeleteLove you both
Lizzy