I just sent out no less than ten emails of inquiry plus resumes. Yes, it is well past midnight.
I honestly can't help but wonder if the people who receive these emails will look at the time stamp on them and think, An adult awake past midnight in the middle of the week? Sounds like trouble. I wonder what their problem is. Antisocial? Nocturnal? Vampire-obsessed fangirl?
Hopefully not. I mean, vampire thing aside--some things can't be hidden. Me sending out these resumes at an unholy hour of the night can't prejudice them against me, right? Surely they're more likely to think, Wow, this person must be very interested in the position! which is, after all, only a very nice way to say, Wow, this person is desperate.
In any case: ten more businesses have received my resume as of this morning! Several of them I'm even excited about. All of my fingers and toes are crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment