Lots of photos for you!
The Starbucks down the street closes early, but leaves its patio furniture out all night. When we're I'm really antsy to get out, I drag Andrew down there with me.

Here's Warwick City Park, the gorgeous arboretum-like place with the long walking/biking trails.
That's the slim beginning of the cove you can see through the trees, below.
Last Saturday I went to Colt State Park, which is about a 40 minute drive away and absolutely gorgeous. The day was slightly blue when I arrived, but the clouds took over pretty quickly. Nonetheless, lots of photos were taken. Below, I'm standing on the sidewalk along the "seawall" that separates the park from Narragansett Bay. Took this picture with my back to the water, obviously. Those itty-bitty little white spots you see at the base of the trees are picnickers. Those trees are so incredibly tall.
Somewhere off in the distance was a bell on a buoy. As the waves rocked it, you could hear it ringing even on the seawall. So peaceful.
All of the seabirds I saw were white--and then suddenly, off in the distance, I saw a small black dragon spreading its wings at the bay. Of course it was a bird, not a dragon, but my first thought was in fact there are dragons in Rhode Island with very wide eyes and all kinds of joy going on inside. If you click on the picture below, you'll see why I thought that. I took a dozen photos of this guy. He was preening his wings occasionally, but mostly just holding them open and facing the water. It made me want to write.
And then there's this bit of the park, facing Mill Gut (pond?). I swear I wasn't pretending to be touring Pemberley. You need to click on these to see them large, too.
I took two videos of this scene, but I didn't pan slowly enough. I'll retake them the next time I get over there! Which will definitely be soon. So pretty.











No comments:
Post a Comment