Saturday, August 27, 2011

Printer o' Death

Have I mentioned how wonderful the sunlight is up here? It seems more golden here than in Texas, where it was just a blinding white heat. Here, the gold quality of it makes the colors of things seem more vibrant. Plants in particular seem to be made of jewels instead of leaves and stems and petals and stamens. It makes Texas seem so dreary in comparison.

It's 1:45 Sunday morning, and the rain is just setting in. A drizzle, really. When the wind picks up--which it does briefly every few minutes--it makes the rain hiss as it hits the ground. I know this because the windows are open. Mostly, anyway. The south-facing windows are closed, except for this one by me which is open just six or eight inches. Just enough for the wind to come in and nudge the curtain about. When the hiss-inducing gusts come, the curtains bell out like sails, which I love to see. That, and the hissing, are why I don't want to close the windows yet. So pretty!

Also: when I get a migraine, Andrew hums national anthems to me--and it actually helps a bit. My favorite is the Russian anthem.

We keep the printer on the floor by Andrew's desk, and whenever we print something up Augustine jumps up and goes to monitor the thing. Just to make sure it stays docilely in place spitting out paper and doesn't, you know, get any ideas. Last night, it started to get those ideas. Click the pictures to make them larger!



He didn't seem too concerned, but nevertheless spent the rest of the evening well out of its reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment